How to report equipment damage*:
- If the boat is not rowable put a “NO ROW” sign on the boat.
- Laminated signs are found on the corkboard above the Rigger’s bench
- Write a note in the rigger’s book on the workbench.
- Tell him what needs fixing – BE CLEAR – Leave you name and contact info.
- Do not put the boat in slings unless approved by the Captain.
- If it is regular maintenance and not an accident, fill out a Boat Damage Report (see below). Submit and you are done.
- If you have had an accident with or without damage continue to Boat Incident Page.
*including wear & tear
Incidents involving club equipment:
- Incident with damage: fill out a Boat Damage form and fill out a Boat Incident form.
- Incident with no damage: fill out a Boat Incident Report and Submit.
Private boats involved in accidents:
You are not required, but encouraged to fill out an incident report, but please contact the RBC Captain with your side of the story.
- A Damage Report needs to be filled out if a club boat is involved.
- If no damage occurred, submit this form and you are done.
- If damage to a club boat occurred, please submit a Boat Damage Report.
- Boat Incident Report: required for all incidents (see below).
If you’ve had an accident:
— please read the boat damage policy and fill out the necessary boat accident forms:
Step 1: Damage Report
A damage report needs to be filled out if a boat is damaged by everyday use or by an accident.
This report is for boat damage of any kind, from wear-and-tear to damange caused in an accident. In addition to filling out this form, please be sure that you have:
- Put the boat back in the rack from which you found it. Do not leave it in the rigger’s bay unless specifically instructed to do so by the captain.
- Hang a “NO ROW” sign from the rigger, if applicable. These signs can be found in the rigger’s bay.
- Recorded the damage in the rigger’s book in the rigger’s bay.
- Informed the captain directly.
- If you were involved in an accident, also submit an Incident Report.
- Have reviewed the Boat Damage Policy.
Step 2: Boat Incident Report
This form is required for all incidents